Thursday, May 28, 2015

Week 1: New Resources for Genres

For this assignment, I chose to start reading EarlyWord and Locus Online. I like that EarlyWord has a wide variety of recommendations including covering numerous book club selections. Readers at my branch are very keen to get on the waiting list as soon as we put certain new books on order, so anticipating new releases will be helpful. EarlyWord's Best Books lists and category tags also make browsing recent titles and reviews easy. I chose Locus Online because I don't know much about SF&F titles or authors. As a kid, this was my favorite genre, but as an adult, I don't read heavily in this area and don't have much depth of knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike. I have heard several co-workers comment on EarlyWord and figured it would be a good idea to find out what all the hype is about. So far, I like what I see. Locus Online has been a bit more of a challenge because I am not a fan of Science Fiction/Fantasy. Maybe we can both gain a new respect for Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

    ReplyDelete